Moped kill switch
From MopedWikiThe A35 (sometimes referred to as the A5) is an engine which came on Tomos mopeds made from 1991 - 2006. It is the improved version of the earlier A3 engine. This engine has a reed valve inducted cylinder with a two pedal flat reed valve. The A35 engine is available in a pedal start or kick start version. "By the way, the A5's the same machine. They just changed the plating, hoped no one noticed." —Kaylee Frye
- Gearbox oil: Type A or Type F Automatic transmission fluid.
- Spark plug: NGK BR6HS (CDI) B6HS (points)
- Spark plug gap: 0.8mm
- Ignition advance: 1, 5 + 0, 2 mm BTDC.
- Points gap: 0.35-0.45mm (Non CDI models -- 1991 to 1994)
Differences between Kick start and Pedal start Versions
- The pedal shaft on the pedal start version of the A35 engine is longer than that of the kick start. It accommodates both pedals and the right spring assembly. The kick start pedal shaft mounts only the kick start lever, and it ends inside the right transmission cover.
- The claw collar on the kick start version has claws on only one side, the side that mates with the sprocket inside the transmission. The claw collar on the pedal start version has claws on both sides.
Final Drive Gear
- This is the large gear between the case halves that's directly attached to the large outer left sprocket by way of the hollow drive shaft. This gear, in the pedal start version, has claws for mating with the claw collar. In the kick start version these claws aren't present.
Left Side Transmission Cover
- The kick start version has a riveted in mount for the kick start lever return spring.
Right Side Transmission Cover
- On the Pedal version, the right side transmission cover has a hole though which the pedal shaft rotates. The kick start version is sealed, and the end of the pedal shaft sits in a bearing pressed into the transmission cover.
- The kick start version has a spring on the left side to the retract the kick lever. This spring is not present on the pedal start version.
- How to start engine:
- On the right handle bar (throttle) a red switch, Push it to the right and you are in the “run” position (must be in this position for the moped to run)
- Push it to the left and it kills the engine hence why it is called the “kill switch”.(moped will not run if it’s in this position)
- On the left handle bar the blue button is your horn
KILL START SHUT OFF SWITCH for Chinese made 50cc, 150cc, 250cc MOPED SCOOTER
You might also like:
With gas prices being as they are...2008-06-06 10:09:00 by bonniethecollie
I wonder if I could convince my dogs to ride on a moped?
I've actually looked at the things on Ebay, and prices aren't too bad. The main places I drive are 7 miles to work or 13 miles to school - kind of iffy for biking (Pittsburgh has some steep hills and mean traffic), but one of those little critters might be worthwhile. 60-80mpg.
Or a sidecar - that would be sweet! : )
Giveaway: Kickboard USA Prize Package (Value: $610) — Celebrity Baby Scoop
Micro Black and White – Once parents see their children enjoying the Mini and Maxi, scooter envy sets in. It looks like fun, and keeping up with the kids can be a challenge and a matching scooter can be the a perfect solution.
The Suzuki is a comfy ride and plenty of fun to take for a spin — This is Scunthorpe
If you thought that the Suzuki Burgman 650 was just another naff Maxi-scooter then think again. Yes it is a Maxi-Scooter, but naff – no way.
Kill Switch Gy6 50cc 139qmb 139qma Scooter Moped Parts #61462
2014 KYMCO MyRoad 700i Is the Largest-Displacement US Scooter [Photo .. — autoevolution
We're still not sure whether a 700cc two-wheeler should be allowed to bear the name "scooter" but until such matters are cleared, here's the great news.
SharkMotorcycleAudio shkr2050pa 100 Watt Motorcycle Audio System wtih Amplifier & FM Radio (shkr2050pa). Wired remote. great for motorcycles, ATVS, Golf Carts , snowmobiles
Car Audio or Theater (SharkMotorcycleAudio)
Go-Ped GSR Sport Gas Powered City Scooter (Gloss Black)
KYMCO 2014 MyRoad 700i: one big maxi-scooter — Dealer News
KYMCO 2014 MyRoad 700i: one big maxi-scooter. Publish Date: Jun 25, 2013. By Dennis Johnson. SPARTANBURG, S.C. - With the 2014 MyRoad 700i, KYMCO USA now offers one of the largest-displacement scooters in the North American market.